We recognise a visit to the dentist can be daunting for young children. We at Burnbank Dental care provide NHS treatment for children, teens and young adults in friendly caring manner. We have qualified childsmile nurses and dedicated childsmile room.
We endeavour to make a visit to the dentist a positive and stress fee experience for all.
The dental team will:
- Give information on how teeth grow and develop and carry out regular checks to make sure the teeth and gums are healthy.
- Offer hints and tips on dental care.
- Demonstrate and explain toothbrushing.
- Promote toothbrushing messages e.g. spit don’t rinse.
- Advise on weaning and healthy snacks and drinks.
- Provide clinical care including twice yearly fluoride varnish.
At your initial visit it may be the dental nurse you see. The dental nurse will advise you on how to keep your child’s teeth healthy and help with practical problems such as teething, weaning and choosing the right food and drinks.
The dentist will check your child’s teeth and gums every 6 months and give any treatment your child might need. These regular visits will also help your child to become familiar with being examined by a dentist.
From the age of two, the dental practice team can provide additional preventive care, such as fluoride varnish and fissure sealants.